for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Sidney Poitier: Groundbreaking Actor
What do you know about the life and career of Sidney Poitier?
February 10, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Sidney Poitier @ The Washington Review & Chronicle)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In 1963, Sidney Poitier became the first black man to win an Academy Award for his role in what film?
A. To Sir, With Love
B. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
C. The Defiant Ones
D. Lilies of the Field
2. Sidney Poitier was born in Miami, Florida but raised in what Caribbean nation?
A. The Bahamas
C. Dominican Republic
3. What was Sidney Poitier's first credited film role?
A. Red Ball Express
B. Cry, the Beloved Country
C. No Way Out
D. Go, Man, Go!
4. Sidney Poitier starred in each of the following movies. He also directed all of them except which one?
A. They Call Me MISTER Tibbs!
B. Uptown Saturday Night
C. Let's Do it Again
D. A Piece of the Action
5. In what branch of the U.S. military did Sidney Poitier serve?
C. Air Force
6. Sidney Poitier, along with three Hollywood partners, created the independent "First Artist Production Company." Which of the following was NOT a partner with Poitier?
A. Paul Newman
B. Martin Landau
C. Barbra Streisand
D. Steve McQueen
7. What role did Sidney Poitier play in the 1965 American epic film, "The Greatest Story Ever Told"?
A. Pontius Pilate
C. John the Baptist
D. Simon of Cyrene
8. Who played Sidney Poitier's leading lady in the 1967 film, "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner"?
A. Katharine Houghton
B. Faye Dunaway
C. Jacqueline Bisset
D. Claudia Cardinale
9. Sidney Poitier wrote three autobiographical books. Which of the following is NOT one of them?
A. This Life
B. The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography
C. Life Beyond Measure - letters to my Great-Granddaughter
D. Sidney Poitier: Man, Actor, Icon
10. In August 2009, Sidney Poitier received an award from President Barack Obama. What was it?
A. Presidential Medal for Merit
B. Presidential Citizens Medal
C. Presidential Medal of Freedom
D. President's Certificate of Merit
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by