for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - A to Z Vocabulary (C Words)
Find the definitions for these words that start with the letter "C" by taking this vocabulary quiz.
January 15, 2011
Grammar & Vocabulary
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: toyandgift.co.uk)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the meaning of the word conundrum?
A. a loud thrumming sound
B. a percussion instrument played by two nuns at once
C. a riddle, puzzle, or problem with no solution
D. a wild bonfire
2. What is the meaning of the word charleton?
A. a fake
B. a joker
C. a prostitute
D. a town in South Carolina
3. What is the meaning of the word collusion?
A. a bruise
B. a collaboration or conspiracy
C. a crash
D. seeing something that isn't there
4. What is the meaning of the word cupidity?
A. being oblivious to social cues
B. being a fool in love
D. inability to pronounce the sound of "Q"
5. What is the meaning of the word corpulent?
B. to become rich after death
C. a large porpoise
6. What is the meaning of the word cacophony?
A. fake chocolate
B. a percussion concert
C. a sudden flash of insight
D. an unpleasant noise
7. What is the meaning of the word cataclysmic?
B. of or related to Catholicism
C. an unresponsive state
D. volcanic activity
8. What is the meaning of the word citadel?
A. a fortress or stronghold
B. a guard
C. a traitor
D. a valley in a large town
9. What is the meaning of the word conciliatory?
A. being opposed to nasal hair
B. neutral territory
C. overcoming distrust or hostility
10. What is the meaning of the word curmudgeon?
A. cranky person
B. a dungeon for male dogs
C. a mythical monster
D. a tool used in 15th century ironworks
Conditions of Use