for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - American Top 40
How much do you know about America's premier top 40 radio show?
March 22, 2009
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: American Top 40)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Which of the following has NOT been a host of "American Top 40"?
A. Casey Kasem
B. Tom Bergeron
C. Shadoe Stevens
D. Ryan Seacrest
2. What was the record featured in the number one spot in the first broadcast of "American Top 40"?
A. "Down on the Corner" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
B. "Hey Jude" by the Beatles
C. "Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Simon & Garfunkel
D. "Mama Told Me Not To Come" by Three Dog Night
3. What was the first record played by Casey Kasem as a "long distance dedication"?
A. "If You Leave Me Now" by Chicago
B. "Desiree" by Neil Diamond
C. "Lady" by Kenny Rogers
D. "We've Only Just Begun" by the Carpenters
4. What significant change took place on the October 7, 1978 broadcast of "American Top 40"?
A. Casey Kasem left the show.
B. The show expanded from three hours to four.
C. The show changed from being prerecorded to a live feed.
D. The theme music was changed.
5. How many radio stations carried the first broadcast of "American Top 40"?
6. What was the subject of the first "special" countdown featured on "American Top 40"?
A. Biggest disappearing acts of the rock era.
B. Biggest "one hit wonders" of the rock era.
C. Biggest acts of the rock era.
D. Top 40 hits from British artists.
7. What record did Casey Kasem refuse to announce by name on "American Top 40" because he found the title and lyrics to be offensive?
A. "I Want Your Sex" by George Michael
B. "My Ding a Ling" by Chuck Berry
C. "I Touch Myself" by the DiVinyls
D. "Only the Good Die Young" by Billy Joel
8. What was the number one record on Shadoe Stevens' first broadcast as host of "American Top 40"?
A. "Start Me Up" by the Rolling Stones
B. "Roll With It" by Steve Winwood
C. "Like a Prayer" by Madonna
D. "Land of Confusion" by Genesis
9. Who is the only person in the history of "American Top 40" to have guest hosted for both Casey Kasem and Shadoe Stevens?
A. Gary Owens
B. Charlie Tuna
C. Joe Cipriano
D. Dick Clark
10. "American Top 40" has been on the air continuously since 1970 with the exception of what three year period?
Pine River Consulting 2022