for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Genesis: The First Decade
What do you know about the early years of one of the finest progressive rock bands around?
April 13, 2008
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Mitkadem)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In 1967, Genesis was founded by whom?
A. Peter Gabriel and Tony Banks
B. Peter Gabriel and Mike Rutherford
C. Tony Banks and Anthony Phillips
D. Phil Collins and Tony Banks
2. What was the name of Genesis' first album?
B. Nursery Cryme
D. From Genesis to Revelation
3. In 1969, John Silver left as the band's drummer. Who replaced him?
A. Phil Collins
B. John Mayhew
C. Chris Stewart
D. Bill Bruford
4. In 1970, guitarist Anthony Phillips left the band. Who was his permanent replacement?
A. Mick Barnard
B. Ray Wilson
C. Mike Rutherford
D. Steve Hackett
5. The epic Genesis song "The Musical Box" can be found on what album?
A. Selling England by the Pound
D. Nursery Cryme
6. The Genesis album "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" contains a series of tracks about the spiritual journey of a Puerto Rican youth living in New York City, and his quest to establish his freedom and identity. What is the boy's name?
7. What was the first album released by Genesis after Peter Gabriel's departure?
A. …And Then There Were Three…
B. The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
C. A Trick of the Tail
D. Wind & Wuthering
8. After Peter Gabriel's departure, the band considered several singers as replacements as lead vocalist. Which of the following was NOT one of the singers they considered?
A. Les Gray
B. Peter Frampton
C. Jon Anderson
D. David Cassidy
9. Who was the first member of Genesis to release his own solo album?
A. Mike Rutherford
B. Peter Gabriel
C. Tony Banks
D. Steve Hackett
10. What was the first studio album that featured Phil Collins as full-time lead vocalist?
A. Wind & Wuthering
B. A Trick of the Tail
C. The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
D. …And Then There Were Three…
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by